My favorite memory. I don't know if I can pinpoint one from my mind and say yeah. Here it is. This is it and this is exactly what happened and this is why I love it and will never forget it. I think I go more on feelings. There are times that make me feel a certain way. Like when I drove home from Montserrat with my Dad many times and had good conversations or how I felt when I met my favorite band. Because those are good memories, but I couldn't tell you if they are my favorite. But I do remember what they felt like, but not the specifics of why they are good.
After 20 years I feel as though I should be able to pick at least 5 definite ones out and say "yeah! these were great!" But I can't. I think one of my favorite times was when my parents took me to New York City while my sister was in Japan. I got to call the shots with everything. And I feel bad because my sister is my best friend and there are many times when I was with her that I still hold near to my heart. When she had her heart surgery last year is one that I will never ever forget but it is NOT my favorite. And couldn't be. However the look on her face in that hospital bed will never leave my mind ever.
Good things I will never forget: Getting into Pratt, The Final Bow for every musical I've been in, The feeling after a long talk with someone, singing along at a concert, singing in the car on the way to ballet with my sister, my 15th and 16th birthday parties, going bowling with P and I, a night in Tennessee, any time spent alone in Maine nature.
Life is too good to have a favorite.
Come Up to the Lab: My Gender Workshop
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment